Maui is the kind of place where you hear yourself asking questions like “I wonder if I could quit my job and move here…?” and you’re serious.
In fact as soon as we left Maui, we started saving for our next trip to Hawaii. Our kids created a vacation savings envelope and decorated it with an aptly named title “The best place on Earth.”
Maui is magical and offers the entire spectrum of possibilities from relaxing on the beach to full throttle adventure. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for somewhere to honeymoon or carting along the entire extended family, Maui simply has it all.
Why we love Maui:
- The highlight of our trip was without a doubt swimming with sea turtles. It is a thing of beauty to watch these amazingly graceful swimmers and the water is crystal clear for taking good pictures.
- Maui is great for beach hopping. It seems like every 5 minutes you can stop and explore a different beach.
Things to do:
- Swim with sea turtles
- Drive the road to Hana
- Boogie Boarding
- Monkey Pod (try the truffle fries!)
- Merriman’s Kapalua
- Fairmont is a good balance of luxury and family, nice grounds and pool for kids
- Grand Wailea is known for upscale luxury and fun pools
- Rent a Jeep (it’s just more fun that way!)
- Bring your own snorkel gear if you have it
- If you love sea turtles be sure to check out Makena Beach