Known for enchanting crystal clear waters, the Cayman Islands certainly do not disappoint. Seven Mile Beach is world famous for a reason and taking a picture perfect postcard quality photo is as easy as point-and-shoot.
While there are plenty of tours and activities offered here, most people come to dive and/or just kick back and enjoy the beach.
If you want to dive, snorkel, and drink rum the Caymans will float your boat. Just be sure to bring your credit card because it is very expensive.
Why we love the Caymans:
- The water is crystal clear and warm. Perfect for diving and snorkeling.
- It’s a small island, safe and easy to get around.
- Good shopping in Georgetown if you’re interested.
Things to do:
- Dive and/or snorkel
- Stingray City
- Shopping in Georgetown
- Da Fish Shack is great spot on the water and nice stop when you’re in Georgetown. Great views, atmosphere and selection of boat drinks.
- The Macabuca Tiki Bar outside of the Cracked Conch is another incredible scenic spot. You can watch scuba divers enter the waters to dive the reef right here. Good food (Brie BLT is one of the best!) and even better rum drinks. Even if you have to take a bus or taxi to eat lunch here, it’s completely worth it.
- Coconut Joes is a fun outdoor, tiki themed patio bar and restaurant. Breakfast and dinner both met expectations.
- Casa 43 – tacos so good we finished our first round and ordered seconds
- Lone Star Bar and Grill is good if you’re looking for typical “bar and grill” food. Plenty of seating for large groups.
- We rented a house through VRBO here however, we know a few families that enjoy their stays at the Reef Resort.
- Driving on the left side of the road is just weird. There are taxis and buses everywhere, save yourself the hassle.
- Snorkel the reefs in Georgetown. You can set up for the day at the Paradise Cafe and enjoy Devil’s Grotto and Eden Rock.
- Either on your way or after your lunch at Da Fish Shack, take a quick snorkel stop at the Cheeseburger Reef. We spotted a sea turtle here.
- You definitely need an underwater camera or GoPro here!
- If you enjoy bourbon, try the Seven Fathoms Dark Rum.